Mission & Culture
Melbourne Central Catholic is committed to a nurturing approach to education and faith formation. We embrace this approach for students and staff alike. We provide a holistic approach to education characterized by Catholic values.
- We embrace the core values of faith, moral integrity, academic excellence, mutual respect, self-discipline, and a commitment to service in order to achieve personal goals now and in the future.
- We encourage leadership, active learning, critical thinking, and technological skills so that students can realize their full potential.
- We hold both faculty and students to the high standards of intellectual and moral development.
- We focus on external factors that will enable us to improve our facilities and undertake new campus projects.
Following in the footsteps of St. Francis of Assisi
Melbourne Central Catholic is a Catholic, transformative, college preparatory high school rooted in the tradition of St. Francis of Assisi, which develops young men and women in an inclusive community to become servant leaders of our global society. The community of Melbourne Central Catholic embraces Pope Francis’ words that the youth of the world are “the window through which the future enters”. As a Catholic high school following in the footsteps of St. Francis of Assisi, Melbourne Central Catholic understands the importance of providing our students with a solid foundation on which their future can be built.
In the tradition of our Catholic faith and through the lens of St. Francis of Assisi, we believe:
1. A Melbourne Central Catholic education is faith-filled.
Melbourne Central Catholic is a Catholic community in the tradition of St. Francis of Assisi. St. Francis of Assisi understood the importance of developing a personal and communal relationship with God. MCC is dedicated to the faith formation and spiritual growth of each member of the community. Through worship, prayer, communal faith-sharing and spiritual direction, Melbourne Central Catholic provides the student with a strong, faith-filled foundation.
2. A Melbourne Central Catholic education is transformative.
Melbourne Central Catholic understands the transformative call of the Gospel to follow Christ. Regardless of their backgrounds or vantage point, MCC students are given a transcendent horizon on which they are able to grow to their God-given potential and become builders of their own destiny. An MCC student learns to: think autonomously, make moral and ethical decisions, develop genuine life-giving relationships, and become a transformative “instrument of peace” to the world.
3. A Melbourne Central Catholic education is inclusive.
Melbourne Central Catholic understands that being a “catholic” (Greek for “universal”) community means being all-embracing and inclusive. St. Francis of Assisi allowed this concept to guide his ministry, as he offered hospitality, companionship, and love to all that he met. As a school in the tradition of St. Francis of Assisi, MCC embraces diversity, with community members from different nations, denominations, and backgrounds. Like Francis, MCC provides an environment where all are welcome and all may flourish.
4. A Melbourne Central Catholic education develops servant-leaders.
Melbourne Central Catholic understands that the call of discipleship is the invitation to follow in the footsteps of Jesus. Through his words and actions, Jesus reminded his disciples that He did not come to be served, but to serve all that He encountered (Mark 10:45). St. Francis of Assisi embodied this call, serving as a steward to both his fellow man and creation. Through this theological lens, MCC develops the student to become a servant-leader on campus and in the world. Embracing the virtues of humility and selflessness, an MCC student works to promote the other and create a world that reflects the goodness of God.